TRANSPORT & COMMUNICATIONS
Good Transport links
San Roque is connected to both Cadiz and Malaga by the A-7 dual carriageway. If you want to head towards Malaga you can take the aforementined dual-carriageway or the AP-7 toll road. In the direction of Cadiz the A-7 continues to Algeciras, where it terminates. From here you can continue to Cadiz by taking the Los Barrios bypass (A-381) before entering Algeciras and following signs to Jerez. This route also connects to the AP-4 motorway between Cadiz and Seville, which is toll-free if Cádiz is your destination.
These excellent links mean transport to and from this part of Spain is straight-forward. Malaga and Jerez international airports are an hour away, providing flights to Madrid (55 minutes), and Gibraltar airport is 15 mins away.
The CA-34 dual carriagway (the old N-351) links San Roque with La Linea de la Concepción (5km from San Roque) and Gibraltar (6km from the city).
This dual carriageway ends with San Roque in the village of Puente Mayorga after 3km. From there, the road changes to a standard two way road through the village of Campamento. In La Linea the road turns into a four lane road as far as the border with British Overseas Territory.
San Roque also has a train station, run by the state-run provider RENFE. It is located in the village of Estación de San Roque, only 5km away from the town centre of San Roque. This station has a direct link to Madrid via Bobadilla and Cordoba.
Information on Taxis, Airports and Ports:
24 hour taxi service (Borough of San Roque):
- Contact number: 956 780 101
Train information (RENFE)
Local Bus Service
Intercity Bus Services (Gibraltar Area Transport Consortium):
- M-130 San Roque Town Centre – Algeciras Intercity Bus
- M-230: San Roque Town Centre – La Linea Intercity Bus
- M-120: La Linea-San Roque Junction-Algeciras Intercity Bus
- M-240: La Linea-San Roque Town Centre-Sotogrande-Estepona Intercity Bus
- M-271: La Línea-San Roque Junction-Guadiaro-Tesorillo Intercity Bus
- M-272: San Pablo-Jimena-Castellar-Estación de San Roque-San Roque Town Centre-Hospital-La Linea Intercity Bus
- M-121: Los Barrios-Estación de San Roque-San Roque Junction-La Linea Intercity Bus
- M-170: San Pablo-Jimena-Castellar-Estación de San Roque-Algeciras Intercity Bus
Medium Distance Bus Services:
- Avanzabus Portillo Bus Company Medium Distance Buses from & to Malaga-Costa del Sol
- Comes Bus Company Medium Distance Buses from & to Cadiz-Jerez-Sevilla
Ferry services from Algeciras or Tarifa to Ceuta & Tangier:
- Gibraltar International Airport: Tel: +350 200 12 345.
- Malaga International Airport. Tel: +34 913 211 000.
- Jerez-Cadiz International Airport. Tel: +34 913 211 000.
- Seville International Airport. Tel: +34 913 211 000.