Guided Theme Tours
San Roque Guided Tours
– Historic Centre The City of Gibraltar in Exile
– Carteia Museum Colonia Libertinorum
– Luis Ortega Brú Museum The genius of 20th century religious sculpture
– Marco Topo A fun route for kids
– Bunkers The defensive route in the Strait
– Adapted Tour San Roque for all
Monuments and Museums in San Roque:
– The Governor’s Palace (early 18th century) , neoclassical architecture, old HQ of Spanish Military Command) – houses two museums and the Standard of Gibraltar (1502).
– Saint Mary the Crowned Parish Church (1735, Tuscan architecture and baroque artwork) – built on the site the old Saint Roque shrine (1508), the temple contains priceless statues brought from Gibraltar (16th -18th century).
– Collection of Listed Historical Buildings (old quarter of San Roque): San Felipe street, Plaza de la Iglesia, Plaza de Armas (where the Red Cape and Sword Technique was invented in 1720), Mirador Poeta Domingo de Mena (Panoramic viewpoint), Historiador Montero street, San Nicolás street and Alameda Alfonso XI.
– The Bull Ring (1853), the second oldest in the province of Cadiz and one of the oldest in Andalusia.
– Carteia Archaeological Site (700 BC – important Phoenician and Roman city).
– Municipal Museums: Carteia and Luis Ortega Brú exhibits.
– CB Museum: largest collection of CB radios en Europe.
– Juan Luis Galiardo Permanent Exhibition: scripts, Goya prize, costumes, personal items, etc.
Rural and Adventure Tourism
– Nature Trails in the Pinar del Rey, a municipal forest and park with 338 hectares and four marked nature trails, a nature centre with a Blue Flag, a visitor’s centre and a recreational area with picnic and barbecue facilities. Adjacent to Los Alcornocales Nature Park.
– Birdwatching in the Guadiaro River Estuary and the Torreguadiaro Lagoon, two wetland areas covering 27 hectares and 2 hectares each. The Straits of Gibraltar is the most route for migratory birds between North Africa and Western Europe, it is an oasis for 144 different species of birds.
– Whalewatching and Dolphin watching in the Straits of Gibraltar from the ports of Tarifa or Sotogrande.